Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Drop-down filters

Level 2

Hi,

I want to create a drop-down filter for Page - where the user can search for and select a page to filter a panel. I don't want to have to drag in individual pages (there are many hundreds), I just want a list of all pages that the user can search through. Alternatively, is there any way to 'filter' filters? i.e. can I apply a segment to a drop-down filter so it only shows pages that meet certain criteria?

Thanks,

Adam

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Maybe you do not need the segment (drop-down) at all. Why not to click on the funnel icon next to the Page dimension in the freeform table and apply a filter? — yes, it will be manual process, but it's very universal.

OR

Alternatively, train your users to use to left rail. Find the Page dimension, click on the arrow icon next to it, search for a page, drag and drop it into the freeform table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Maybe you do not need the segment (drop-down) at all. Why not to click on the funnel icon next to the Page dimension in the freeform table and apply a filter? — yes, it will be manual process, but it's very universal.

OR

Alternatively, train your users to use to left rail. Find the Page dimension, click on the arrow icon next to it, search for a page, drag and drop it into the freeform table.

Level 8

Hi, @AdamRobC  

For the "how to filter a filter" part of your question, you can multi-select specific values in the left rail (eg// specific pages), hold down the <shift> key and drag them over (as a group) to create a drop-down filter containing just those items. This isn't practical for a large number of items, but works well for a curated list.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?

Level 2
Hi, none of the answers are 'solutions' per se, this would require Adobe to change the filter functionality from what I can see.

Level 10
Understood. In that case, I'd suggest you create an idea in the Analytics Ideas section of the community. That way yourself and others with the same use case can vote on the idea to help our product team prioritize it on their roadmap.