Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Does the 'Visits' metric include all 'Single Page Visits'?

Level 2

A single page visit is a visit to one page and then bouncing. A visit is defined as a "sequence". Does that mean a visit has to be 2 or more pages by definition?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I can see the confusion. The official Adobe definition of a Visit is "A sequence of page views in a sitting" - Visit. However, this includes single-page visits.

Think of it this way: generally one Unique Visitor will have one or more Visits. Each Visit will have one or more Page Views. There are exceptions where a visit may not contain any page views but only events.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I can see the confusion. The official Adobe definition of a Visit is "A sequence of page views in a sitting" - Visit. However, this includes single-page visits.

Think of it this way: generally one Unique Visitor will have one or more Visits. Each Visit will have one or more Page Views. There are exceptions where a visit may not contain any page views but only events.

Level 4

Yes, it does. A visit is also or more commonly known as a session which usually last for about 30 minutes by default. A visitor can have a visit with one or more page views and a single page visits is a sub-portion of all visits, simply put, all visits with a single page view count as "Single Page Visits".

NOTE that the single page visits metric will be high for single page applications if the necessary measures aren't put into place to send in virtual page views.