Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Discover what happen only in the first entry

Level 3

Hi

I have a question about entries:

I have a visit and 3 entries but i need to discover what happened only in the first entry (pageviews, product bought, exit page).

How can i do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The entry term sound confusing as I thought you were referring to the Entries metric. Thanks, for providing more detail.

If you built a Hit based segment with criteria like DimensionX=Y, this will return the hits associated with Y. Then if this subset contains Hit Depth = 1, then Y was what you consider an entry.

Does it help?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Francesco,

Could you explain how one visit may have three entries?

One of the ways to analyse a certain visit is to utilise the Visit Number dimension.

Level 3

Hi Andrey and thk for the reply,

Scenario: 1 visit with 3 entries.

I have a table with 3 segments:

2019-09-03_16h55_501.png

Visitor B, within same visit, enter to the site with 3 different channels, so I have 3 entries but only 1 visit.

In order to determine the number of visits of a particular segment (and decuple it) I use Entries with hit number = 1.By this way I can count the number of first entries.

However, it seems that i cannot know what happens withing this entry. I would like to know what happens in the first entry (pageviews, product bought, exit page etc.)

Correct answer by
Level 10

The entry term sound confusing as I thought you were referring to the Entries metric. Thanks, for providing more detail.

If you built a Hit based segment with criteria like DimensionX=Y, this will return the hits associated with Y. Then if this subset contains Hit Depth = 1, then Y was what you consider an entry.

Does it help?

Level 3

Thk for reply

yes, this help me: )

Thk,

Francesco