Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Differences in data between Analysis Workspace and REST API

Level 2

I have a funnel for the payment process in our app. I made a segment out of this funnel (using "Create segment from touchpoint"), and then a metric out of this segment (using Unique Visitors).

I got the query JSON for this metric and sent it using the "GET reports" API. We use this API for many other reports, and they work fine.

The query results were lower than what we see in Workspace. For example, in a certain month I got 8997707 Unique Visitors vs. 9496408 in Workspace.

This is the first time we get such differences in our query results, and I noticed that this is also the first time we use a very complex segment - it is composed of many filters: browser existence, component version strings, domain names and more. I came across this question and I wonder if it has something to do with a mismatch of API versions.

Any idea why this happens?

If you need more details, please feel free to ask.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

@VaniBhemarasetty I already used the debugger to get the JSON (this is what I meant when I wrote "I got the query JSON").

I found that the difference is caused by a difference in the date ranges (I used 31 months in Workspace and 24 months in the API). This is very strange and I opened a new question about it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@hsfjpi Adobe analytics workspace uses Analytics 2.0 api, you would need to make sure you are using the same version of API when you are running the apis. Also, one of the checks you can do is ,by getting the curl command or you can get the request from the workspace report and run this same and compare the results 

Here is the documentation on how to enable debugging in analytics workspace ui 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics-learn/tutorials/apis/using-analysis-workspace-to-b...

Correct answer by
Level 2

@VaniBhemarasetty I already used the debugger to get the JSON (this is what I meant when I wrote "I got the query JSON").

I found that the difference is caused by a difference in the date ranges (I used 31 months in Workspace and 24 months in the API). This is very strange and I opened a new question about it.