Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference in Adobe Analytics Data from Reporting API and Data Warehousing API 1.4

Level 1

I am working on Adobe Analytics API 1.4 but I am getting different results when I am making API calls from reporting API and data warehousing API. Please refer to the screenshot I have used dummy data to explain the difference between those API calls. Also I am using same company name and suite id. I am not sure what am I missing or if is it an expected result.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In general, it is common for real-time data to be processed and made available in the data warehouse within a few hours of being collected.

However, the exact amount of time it takes for real-time data to be available in the data warehouse can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the volume of data being processed, the complexity of the data processing and storage systems, and the specific requirements and priorities of the organization collecting and storing the data.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AkhilDave99 ,

There may be differences in the data retrieved from the Reporting API and the Data Warehousing API due to the following reasons:

• Data latency: The Reporting API provides real-time data, while the Data Warehousing API provides data that has been stored in the data warehouse. There may be a delay between when data is collected and when it is available through the Data Warehousing API.
  • Data sampling: The Reporting API may use data sampling to provide faster results, which means that it may not include all data in the results. The Data Warehousing API does not use data sampling, so it provides all data in the results.
  • Data processing: The Reporting API processes data in real-time, while the Data Warehousing API processes data on a daily basis. This means that data processed by the Reporting API may be more up-to-date than data processed by the Data Warehousing API.

Overall, the Reporting API is useful for retrieving real-time data, while the Data Warehousing API is useful for retrieving historical data and data that may not be available through the Reporting API.

Level 1

Thanks!! @Anmol_Bhardwaj  for clarifying this. Just had one question how much timeframe can be considered for historical data (E.g is it last month or  last week or something else). So that data can be considered accurate till that time frame. Moreover, I am working on getting last year data but due to complex breakdown reporting API is not as fast enough so I am considering Data Warehouse API which loads the data fast but as I am facing the discrepancies I am not quite sure about it. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In general, it is common for real-time data to be processed and made available in the data warehouse within a few hours of being collected.

However, the exact amount of time it takes for real-time data to be available in the data warehouse can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the volume of data being processed, the complexity of the data processing and storage systems, and the specific requirements and priorities of the organization collecting and storing the data.