Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference Between segments Creation (Name URL Vs Any Prop)

Level 1

Hello!

I've a question about segment creation and the properties or dimensions that are related in this categories. If i create a segment taking the url I'm going to have the same data as if I create a segment whit the Page Name?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Joaquin,

In most cases the data by PageName and PageUrl is different. This could be because of the different query parameters you might use for your page. Analytics would treat the page url with different query parameters as separate url's and hence the data would be divided even though the page remains the same. 

If you want to view page-wise data I would recommend using Page Name instead of Page URL.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Joaquin,

In most cases the data by PageName and PageUrl is different. This could be because of the different query parameters you might use for your page. Analytics would treat the page url with different query parameters as separate url's and hence the data would be divided even though the page remains the same. 

If you want to view page-wise data I would recommend using Page Name instead of Page URL.

I hope this helps.

Tanmay