Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DFA(Doubleclick for advertisers) Sitecatalyst integration

Level 4

Hi,

What could be the reason if the DFA campaign is not tied up the page traffic visit once after done the Sitecatalyst-DFA integration via Data connectors. ? Any proper integration document(DFA-sitecatalyst) available other than the below link??

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/connectors/dfa/

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

I am afraid this would be all the documentation available for DFA Integration. I can attach the PDF version if thats convenient. May i know if you have tested the successful integration of DFA with SiteCatalyst? If not, below are the steps:

After you have made all the necessary Web site updates, you can use a network traffic viewer, such as Charles*, Chrome Developer Tools, or Firebug*, to confirm DFA is communicating with Adobe collection servers.

After you have deployed the DFA-enabled s_code.js file, use the network traffic viewer to view the requests between DFA and Adobe data collection servers, looking for the following:

A request to DFA's fls.doubleclick.net/json service. This service can respond differently depending on the version of DFA you are using. With the DFA Integration version 1.5:
An HTTP 302 redirect to ad.doubleclick.net. This will send a Location: tag in the response which contains information about the ad visitor.
This Location tag causes a redirect to integrate.112.2o7.net/dfa_echo. This service translates the information about the ad visitor into JSON (JavaScript Object Notati on) encoded string. This data is returned with a 200 OK HTTP response.
With DFA Integration version 2.0 (Advanced Ad Serving enabled):
fls.doubleclick.net will directly respond with a 200 OK.
In either case, a successful request will result in a request to the Adobe data collection servers that contains the parameter vX, where X is your View-Through eVar number. This parameter value takes the form: DFA-XXXX-XXXX- XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. This string contains data about the last click and the last impression for the current visitor.

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

I am afraid this would be all the documentation available for DFA Integration. I can attach the PDF version if thats convenient. May i know if you have tested the successful integration of DFA with SiteCatalyst? If not, below are the steps:

After you have made all the necessary Web site updates, you can use a network traffic viewer, such as Charles*, Chrome Developer Tools, or Firebug*, to confirm DFA is communicating with Adobe collection servers.

After you have deployed the DFA-enabled s_code.js file, use the network traffic viewer to view the requests between DFA and Adobe data collection servers, looking for the following:

A request to DFA's fls.doubleclick.net/json service. This service can respond differently depending on the version of DFA you are using. With the DFA Integration version 1.5:
An HTTP 302 redirect to ad.doubleclick.net. This will send a Location: tag in the response which contains information about the ad visitor.
This Location tag causes a redirect to integrate.112.2o7.net/dfa_echo. This service translates the information about the ad visitor into JSON (JavaScript Object Notati on) encoded string. This data is returned with a 200 OK HTTP response.
With DFA Integration version 2.0 (Advanced Ad Serving enabled):
fls.doubleclick.net will directly respond with a 200 OK.
In either case, a successful request will result in a request to the Adobe data collection servers that contains the parameter vX, where X is your View-Through eVar number. This parameter value takes the form: DFA-XXXX-XXXX- XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. This string contains data about the last click and the last impression for the current visitor.

Regards,

TM