Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Device Type Report Disappearing for Users?

Community Advisor

Has anyone had their users complaining about suddenly losing visibility to the Device Type report?

Jeff Bloomer
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I found out what happened.  Evidently, when Adobe changed the location of the Device Type report over to the Mobile group on the Reports page, it also affected the visibility setting on Video & Mobile Reports access:

As a result, I've had to go into my User Group settings to update any with Custom settings to place a check in the box next to Device Type.  This was  a bit frustrating, as I learned a good number of my User Groups were affected.  I'm actually surprised more people didn't ask about this particular issue.

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jeff,

Its Visible on my side. Are you certain the report is not renamed or menu not cuztomized somehow? 

Community Advisor

No custom menus or anything.  It's just disappeared from his menu.  I even asked him to log out and back in, and it did not reappear.  I've seen on occasions where items have disappeared and reappeared from menus when switching between different report suites while logged in, and the only way I've been able to reconcile it is by logging out and then back in.  I have other users with similar access who can see the report, so I've got Customer Care taking a look to see what's causing the issue.

Jeff Bloomer

Level 10

Hi Jeff,

This is indeed an unusual behavior. Its good that you are having ClientCare have a look into it. Do let us know if the reason for this behavior gets identified.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I found out what happened.  Evidently, when Adobe changed the location of the Device Type report over to the Mobile group on the Reports page, it also affected the visibility setting on Video & Mobile Reports access:

As a result, I've had to go into my User Group settings to update any with Custom settings to place a check in the box next to Device Type.  This was  a bit frustrating, as I learned a good number of my User Groups were affected.  I'm actually surprised more people didn't ask about this particular issue.

Jeff Bloomer