Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Default Value for Data Elements doesn't work

Level 2

Hello!

There are two options how to set Dafult Value for Data elements using Launch UI: 

1. In config of property in part 'Advanced options' one can leave a checkmark 'Return an empty string for missing data elements'. This feature doesn't work for my company for some reason. We would prefer to use this as main solution for undefined or empty Data Elements. We didn't find a reason for that. Main subject of question is about this problem.

2. Also there is an option to enable Deafult Value inside Data Element configuration. 'Enable default value'. We rely on this solution. It helped us to set Default Value. But it is problematic for us to do it for every Data Element which is undefined. 

Could you please help us to figure out what's the deal with 1st way of setting Default Value? 

I know that we can set Default Value by defining Data Element using Custom Code, but this option is also we would not prefer because there would be too much additional manual work to do that.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

maybe the (1) option was designed to return an empty string when an undefined DE (that does not exist) is referenced in the UI (%de_name%) rather than via getVar...

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

maybe the (1) option was designed to return an empty string when an undefined DE (that does not exist) is referenced in the UI (%de_name%) rather than via getVar...