Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Deduplicated visits for a classification field in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to calculate deduplicated visits using a classification field as the dimension?

For example, I want to get the total deduplicated Visits for the Product1 (classification field):

Dimension Product SKU -> Classification Product Model

Product1/A  5 Visits -> Product1

Product1/B  7 Visits -> Product1

Both Product1/A and Product/B in 4 Visits of 12 -> Product1

How can I get the deduplicated total (8 instead of 12 Visits) for the classified value Product1?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @KASSIANI , 

Not entirely sure I am following the question, but the gray "Totals" row for a Classification dimension in Workspace should show the deduped visit total of the attributes contained within. 

If you want to go the segment route as @PratheepArunRaj suggested, you may be able to try one of the following:

• Use the "exists" operator if you need the full list of classified values to be deduped

Jackie_DiStasi_1-1642690249169.png

• Use the "equals any of" operator (shown below).  You will need to separate your values with a comma, you can paste the full list into a column in Excel and concatenate with a comma to create the list easily.  I believe you can enter up to 500, so you would only need to do this two to three times if your list is ~1k

Jackie_DiStasi_0-1642690122029.png

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear KASSIANI,

Create a segment with Product A OR Product B, you should be getting only 8 visits.

The important advantage of using segmentation is to de-duplicate the visits and visitors. To understand more, you can also check out my blog.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 1

Hello Pratheep Arun Raj,

Actually, I want to calculate deduplicated Visits for more than 1K products. So, I am searching for a flexible way to do it at once.

Do you know any other possible solution?

Thank you in advance!

Community Advisor

Oh okay, then 1K products is the key here.

If so, I am afraid whether we have an easy option.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @KASSIANI , 

Not entirely sure I am following the question, but the gray "Totals" row for a Classification dimension in Workspace should show the deduped visit total of the attributes contained within. 

If you want to go the segment route as @PratheepArunRaj suggested, you may be able to try one of the following:

• Use the "exists" operator if you need the full list of classified values to be deduped

Jackie_DiStasi_1-1642690249169.png

• Use the "equals any of" operator (shown below).  You will need to separate your values with a comma, you can paste the full list into a column in Excel and concatenate with a comma to create the list easily.  I believe you can enter up to 500, so you would only need to do this two to three times if your list is ~1k

Jackie_DiStasi_0-1642690122029.png

Hope that helps!