Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Date range for YOY comparison

Former Community Member

Celialow_0-1586227473741.png

Hi all, 

I was watching a video on use of date ranges in Adobe Analytics. I am a little confused as to how the above date range is used for YOY comparison. Shouldn’t the date range be:

Start: Start of current week minus 53 weeks

End: Start of current week

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Depending on what time range you want to compare by Y-o-Y this would still be correct.

The above pic will create a date range that allows you to compare the last weeks data with the previous year's data for the same week.

If you want to compare the last 52 weeks then this should already be a date range semgnet in Adobe (but if not then you can create it as suggested).

For Y-o-Y comparisons it depends on the time range (ie. week, month, year etc) that will dictate how you go about setting up the Y-o-Y comparison.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Depending on what time range you want to compare by Y-o-Y this would still be correct.

The above pic will create a date range that allows you to compare the last weeks data with the previous year's data for the same week.

If you want to compare the last 52 weeks then this should already be a date range semgnet in Adobe (but if not then you can create it as suggested).

For Y-o-Y comparisons it depends on the time range (ie. week, month, year etc) that will dictate how you go about setting up the Y-o-Y comparison.