Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Date Range Components

Level 2

Hello, 

How can I create Date Range Components then put it in various reports then share those reports and the end users have the ability to change the Date Range Components? I'm using the Date Range Components as custom comparison date ranges to the report date range. I've tried several scenarios that did not work.

Scenarios that did not work

1) Shared report at Edit status with embedded components​ and shared the date ranges separately

2) Has user do a Save As which showed her as the owner, but she still could not change the date range components

3) Shared at Duplicate status with embedded components and again had user Save As yet still could not change the date range component.

AdobeWkSp_DateRanges.png

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Date Range components (or really, any components) can't be overwritten by other users. Only the component's owner can save-and-overwrite his own component.

In your case, you'll need to instruct your users on how to use the Date Range components to perform different date comparisons.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Date Range components (or really, any components) can't be overwritten by other users. Only the component's owner can save-and-overwrite his own component.

In your case, you'll need to instruct your users on how to use the Date Range components to perform different date comparisons.