Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data Warehouse: failed FTP delivery sends repeated emails

Level 1

I created a report request for delivery over FTP, scheduled for one-time only. The transfer failed (which is understandable, I set it up incorrectly) but the failure notification is being repeatedly sent to me by email (7 times so far).

How do I stop these notifications?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

The notifications have stopped. But to clarify what happened...

- created a report request for one-time delivery over FTP

- realised that I used the wrong password, cancelled the request

- request shows as "cancelled" in Request Manager

- notification emails pour in over the next 3 days, stating that the request failed

Everything is okay now, as the emails have stopped.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

This could be due to the report being scheduled to deliver hourly or daily. Can you check that?

Level 4

I am assuming that the report which you have scheduled has not been cancelled properly. To verify this, go to the Data Warehouse and click on the Request Manager. You will see a list of requested reports and their schedule as well.

If your report is available there, just check which status is showing right next to it.

• Scheduled:It means the report is not cancelled and you’ve set it either weekly, yearly or monthly.
  • Cancelled: It means the report is cancelled and will no longer be scheduled
  • Completed: It means you have chosen the "send me now" option on the scheduling option and it doesn’t come under the scheduled category.

If your report comes under scheduled status, simply cancel it. It'll stop sending you reports again.

In any case, if the problem still persists, can you brief me about which scheduling options you've chose while scheduling the report.

Correct answer by
Level 1

The notifications have stopped. But to clarify what happened...

- created a report request for one-time delivery over FTP

- realised that I used the wrong password, cancelled the request

- request shows as "cancelled" in Request Manager

- notification emails pour in over the next 3 days, stating that the request failed

Everything is okay now, as the emails have stopped.

Employee Advisor

Thanks for the details. I haven't come across such issue. This may be one-off, however, if you see it reoccurring with another Data Warehouse request, you may open a support ticket so that we can have a closer look.