Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data migration from Omniture to Google Adwords

Level 1

I have a site where leads are being submitted. My purpose is to capture this data from Adobe Analytics and set up a process of sending this data to Google Adwords. What possible options do I have?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

don't know of any direct solution, so I'm interested in this as well.

one way we already tested manually, but not automated is as follow.

idea: use googlesheet to upload offline converts from adobe analytics to google ads account, identifier is gclid

steps to do

1) add the GCLID as generic parameter in your adwords account. eg. add the parameter gclid={{gclid}}. this will add the gclid to each link where a user clicked

2) add a processing rule and write the parameter gclid to an evar

3) create new VRS with basic privileges regarding data reporting (just basic reporting on converts for gclid's)

4) create new API user who has access to the VRS

5) create google sheet with google script: the script downloads each day at 4:00 am the convert data for each gclid for the last 2 days and writes them to a sheet

6) setup ads account to automatically import data in the google sheet (each day at 6:00 am)

having this setup would allow you to see offline converts directly in google ads account.

what I haven't done yet is the google script as described in step 5. everything else works as expected...

but maybe there is an easier way?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

don't know of any direct solution, so I'm interested in this as well.

one way we already tested manually, but not automated is as follow.

idea: use googlesheet to upload offline converts from adobe analytics to google ads account, identifier is gclid

steps to do

1) add the GCLID as generic parameter in your adwords account. eg. add the parameter gclid={{gclid}}. this will add the gclid to each link where a user clicked

2) add a processing rule and write the parameter gclid to an evar

3) create new VRS with basic privileges regarding data reporting (just basic reporting on converts for gclid's)

4) create new API user who has access to the VRS

5) create google sheet with google script: the script downloads each day at 4:00 am the convert data for each gclid for the last 2 days and writes them to a sheet

6) setup ads account to automatically import data in the google sheet (each day at 6:00 am)

having this setup would allow you to see offline converts directly in google ads account.

what I haven't done yet is the google script as described in step 5. everything else works as expected...

but maybe there is an easier way?

Level 1

Can the data retrieved from Adobe Analytics (which is mapped against gclid) be uploaded to Adwords using Offline Conversion tracking option in Adwords? I only know about this option in theory but haven't done this is in practical. What would be your thoughts?

Community Advisor

hi tushart16982

you can upload any "offline converts", even if they happened "online" (or better: outside of google world)