Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Fetching Error

Level 1

When retrieving data from Adobe Analytics into Power BI, sometimes only 580 records are fetched, while occasionally it shows 1000. This falls short of the expected total, which is approximately 50,000 records. I'm unsure why this inconsistency keeps occurring.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

It is hard to know what is going on without looking at your query but there are a few things you can check. 

Generally when I am pulling data into power BI I will set up the query and edit it in the advanced editor (right click the query in the left column list of the transform data view). I would look at a the date range here to make sure it is as expected. Also make sure you are looking at the correct report suite. and have the correct attributes pulled. If you are pulling back aggregate data you wont hit the row limit but if you are trying to pull hit level data it is easy to max out. 

Also be aware that Adobe showcased a new database connection for CJA that will remove the row limitation. This should be available in late may and is only for CJA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you actually getting an error message? Or basically you are just seeing inconsistent results?

While I don't use Power BI, if the same query is that inconsistent, it might be worth reaching out to client care to help look into what is happening.

If there is an actual error (particularly one that doesn't give helpful information), then definitely contact client care as they should be able to see more details from their side and can dig a lot deeper into what might be happening.

Someone else here might know Power BI, and be more helpful.. but in any case, good luck! 

Correct answer by
Level 6

It is hard to know what is going on without looking at your query but there are a few things you can check. 

Generally when I am pulling data into power BI I will set up the query and edit it in the advanced editor (right click the query in the left column list of the transform data view). I would look at a the date range here to make sure it is as expected. Also make sure you are looking at the correct report suite. and have the correct attributes pulled. If you are pulling back aggregate data you wont hit the row limit but if you are trying to pull hit level data it is easy to max out. 

Also be aware that Adobe showcased a new database connection for CJA that will remove the row limitation. This should be available in late may and is only for CJA.