Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Feeds - how to determine unique visitors, orders or revenue

Level 2

Hi, I am rather new to Adobe Analytics. I am going through Data Feed files, and I am trying to compile some values from the raw data. I am looking at the Report Suite definitions and I see Standard Events like Revenue, Orders and Unique Visitors. However, I don't know how to identify such information in the almost 1200 fields of data I extracted with Data Feed. How do I get the revenue for, let's say, one day or one month of data? Or how many distinct visitors I had in the same time interval?

For example, here Data column reference | Adobe Analytics I see that a combination of visid_high and visid_low should uniquely identify a visitor, but in the sample data I extracted it looks like both these values are 0 for all data rows. So, how can I identify/count unique users?

Is there any more detailed documentation on how to use the data feed values, beyond the obvious?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @GabrielaNa1,

Here is the calculation for visitors.

Visitors

All methods Adobe uses to identify unique visitors (custom visitor ID, Experience Cloud ID service, etc.) are all ultimately calculated as a value in post_visid_high and post_visid_low. The concatenation of these two columns can be used as the standard of identifying unique visitors regardless of how they were identified as a unique visitor. If you would like to understand which method Adobe used to identify a unique visitor, use the column post_visid_type.

1. Concatenate post_visid_high and post_visid_low.
  2. Count the unique number of values.

You can find more about calculating the common metrics below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @GabrielaNa1,

Here is the calculation for visitors.

Visitors

All methods Adobe uses to identify unique visitors (custom visitor ID, Experience Cloud ID service, etc.) are all ultimately calculated as a value in post_visid_high and post_visid_low. The concatenation of these two columns can be used as the standard of identifying unique visitors regardless of how they were identified as a unique visitor. If you would like to understand which method Adobe used to identify a unique visitor, use the column post_visid_type.

1. Concatenate post_visid_high and post_visid_low.
  2. Count the unique number of values.

You can find more about calculating the common metrics below:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

Level 2

Thanks,

It makes sense. And the link was exactly what I was looking for.

Community Advisor
but in the sample data I extracted it looks like both these values are 0 for all data rows. So, how can I identify/count unique users?

How much sample data did you pull..  that doesn't sound right.. that data should be available....

I don't have any feed data in front of me, but just checking that those rows are not flag as exclude_hit right?

As for revenue, you may have to extract the values from product_list data and multiply with the quantity (you will need to parse all the information along with your merchandising eVars and events). You may also have to use post_products_list depending on if you are using Conversion Variable Syntax Merchandising eVars.

Level 2

I had few data, I am loading more now. Also, using the post% values provide more info. I will dig deeper!