Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Data Feed: What does a value of 0 mean in the Browser.tsv lookup?

Level 1

For the most part, values are as expected and I can find a matching Browser. However, some rows in my data feed are tagged as 0. Does that mean this value was missing from that hit and Excel is simply inserting a 0? (I know Excel does some strange things such as with the Event_List that do not appear when pulled into a SQL database).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may try to look at the "user_agent" for those lines with 0 on "browser" and see if there is a valid "user_agent" for Adobe to determine the browser.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't have a browser.tsv file handy in front of me... is the file small enough to open in something like Notepad++ or Text Editor? Something that doesn't like to "auto-convert" data?

Level 1

The browser.tsv file is surprisingly large but I used a findstr looking for 0 and it doesn't bring back any rows. However, if would be the data file I'd need to attempt to open to find out if Excel is adding the 0's and I don't think that would work in Notepad. The client is supposed to be setting up a SQL space for me with a week's worth of data, and it will be easier to see if 0's actually return in the data feed or not. Right now, I'm treating them as NULL values.

Community Advisor

Well I was thinking Notepad++ not just Notepad.... Notepad++ is a really good tool with lots of plugins to support things like format JSON, CSV Query, it supports regex find and replace... 

But, yeah, if the file is huge it may still be a problem to sort through... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You may try to look at the "user_agent" for those lines with 0 on "browser" and see if there is a valid "user_agent" for Adobe to determine the browser.