Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

data connectors set up for third party tracking

Level 1

Hello! Could you please help us to set up tracking of post-view (with no click been made) tracking of digital advertising through data connectors function?

Could we somehow generate a pixel from Omniture, give it to 3rd party (digital ad supplier) and then set up a tracking of this in reporting?

The idea is to compare if user visiting our site has a cookie "seen a pixel not later then 48 hours ago" with "user that made a purchase".

I will greatly appreciate if you can provide step by step instruction.

Great thanks in advacne!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

What you're looking for requires a custom data connectors integration. I'd recommend contacting your organization's account manager, who can arrange time to speak with a data connectors consultant to fully address your business need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more on your requirement and what are you trying to accomplish in order for us to better guide you. 

Thanks!

TM

Level 1

Hi, TM!

We are now working with a company providig display advertising, retargeting users for us. We have clear picture on what they do on site after click on this banner, but also it is important to understand how much users return and make a purchase after seeing an ad but not clicking on it in a 48 hour interval.

As I know we can set up an e-var for pixel file download, providing them a pixel, that will be counted as "file downloaded" when users sees their ad but it is not well enough, because it will blow visits stats.

As an alternate way we know that we can implement third party cookies tracking through data connectors - this is about what i'm asking.

Perfectly will be the next mechanics:

1) We create (Where?) an omninure pixel/jscript

2) We give this jscript to provider and he implements it in his banners

3) We estabilish a connection between jscript uploads with data connectors (How?)

4) We create a report: users made a purchase + users that have seen banners not later then 48 hours.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

What you're looking for requires a custom data connectors integration. I'd recommend contacting your organization's account manager, who can arrange time to speak with a data connectors consultant to fully address your business need.