Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Data collection issue with Activity map for scroll depth data

Level 2

Hello Experts,

I am using getPercentPageViewed plugin for page scroll depth. Plugin is working fine and data is stored in eVar and getting right data in Analytics report, But I noticed, I can not manage those data using Activity Map. That's nature of this plugin or I miss anything. Please guide me in this situation. 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe those two are explicitly connected... Activity Map is context variables that are built into the functionality of Adobe and the plugin knows that these are tied to the previous page.... however, the plugin you are using "getPercentPageViewed" stores the information from the previous page and tracks in the same context as Activity Map, but just into a standard eVar (but there is nothing on the eVar indicating this deferred behaviour - as far as Adobe is concerned this eVar could be anything).

That said, if you are building out a report in workspace, you should be able to correlate the information... but I don't think you can pull it into the Activity Map plugin....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe those two are explicitly connected... Activity Map is context variables that are built into the functionality of Adobe and the plugin knows that these are tied to the previous page.... however, the plugin you are using "getPercentPageViewed" stores the information from the previous page and tracks in the same context as Activity Map, but just into a standard eVar (but there is nothing on the eVar indicating this deferred behaviour - as far as Adobe is concerned this eVar could be anything).

That said, if you are building out a report in workspace, you should be able to correlate the information... but I don't think you can pull it into the Activity Map plugin....

Community Advisor

What do you mean by "manage those data using Activity Map"? Activity Map by itself doesn't allow for any data management.

Activity Map is AA's version of a click map. As the label implies, it is used to report on page elements (links, buttons) that users have clicked. This click data is sent with the next beacon.

E.g.

1. User opens a page. --> Page view beacon is sent.
  2. User clicks a tracked link to go to another page. --> Custom Link beacon is sent, and Activity Map contextual data is added to it.

E.g.

1. User opens a page. --> Page view beacon is sent.
  2. User scrolls to 50% of the page.
  3. User clicks a tracked link that changes some content within the page. --> Custom Link beacon is sent, Activity Map contextual data is added to it.
  4. User clicks another tracked link to go to another page. --> Custom Link beacon is sent, and Activity Map contextual data is added to it. Data collected by the getPercentPageViewed plugin is also sent in that beacon.

Employee Advisor

@Chirag2323 Activity map works differently and this plugin works differently as @Jennifer_Dungan explained the difference