Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Custom visitor ID in Analytics

Level 2

Hi everyone.

What's the recommended way to set a custom visitor ID for Analytics on web using:

• Launch
  • Experience Cloud ID Service plugin
  • Adobe Analytics plugin

We are currently using the Experience ID plugin to make the user IDs. But we have a logged-in section on our site and would perhaps like to use a hashed version of the logged-in user ID.

I've looked at the documentation but am still not sure which method is appropriate.

We only have an Analytics Select license, so we only have access to Analytics and Launch, not other products in the AEP ecosystem.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're using other Adobe products like Adobe Target, Adobe Campaign Standard, etc., then you're better off sticking with Experience Cloud ID Service. This is because all of those other products identify visitors by the ECID only.

But if you don't use anything other than AA and Launch, then take a look at visitorID.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're using other Adobe products like Adobe Target, Adobe Campaign Standard, etc., then you're better off sticking with Experience Cloud ID Service. This is because all of those other products identify visitors by the ECID only.

But if you don't use anything other than AA and Launch, then take a look at visitorID.

Level 2
Users typically log in half-way through a visit. According to the docs, using visitorID mid-way through a session would start a new session. I'm looking for some way to "override" the ECMID for the session. And yeah unfortunately we don't have Target, Campaign or any other AEP products.

Community Advisor
@danielwalo As far as I know, there is no way to overwrite ECID at all. That's controlled by Adobe entirely.