Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to create a Variance to Overall Conversion Rate calculated metric?

Level 2

Hello everyone.  

I'm trying to create a variance bar chart visualization in analysis workspace that calculates the difference between an individual row and the overall conversion rate within a breakdown freeform table.

For example, say our overall site conversion rate is 1.50% (shown at the top of the freeform table column header)

then when we break that down by Day of week we'll see 

Monday -- average site conversion 1.25%

Tuesday -- average site conversion 1.55%

Wednesday - -- average site conversion 1.45%

Thursday -- average site conversion 1.75%

Friday -- average site conversion 1.85%

Saturday -- average site conversion 1.05%

Sunday -- average site conversion 1.00%

when you use the calculated metric builder and use the 'mean' function you actually get 1.41% as the overall average, but the freeform table column header shows the overall average for the entire time period at 1.50%

Is there a way to create a variance calculation that compares each of the individual days of week (rows) to the overall average of 1.50% (column header)?

This could be generalized as an overindexing analysis but regardless of what we call it, i can't find a solution given the current functions within the Calculated Metric builder that would allow me to do this.  Clearly analysis workspace has the ability to do this (because it's literally shown to you in the column header "grand total" figure).

Thanks so much for any ideas you might have on how to do this within Analysis Workspace.  Adobe APIs and Report Buidlers are not an options for us given our need.  

0 Replies