Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Custom Segment Creation Help

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to determine the impact reviews have on influencing conversion rate and revenue. I want to be able to compare orders where a product review was read compared to orders where a product review was not read.

My ideal report would to be able to break it down by products and have two segments for where people read a review and ones where people do not read a review.

Some key metrics we have are: event44 (read review)

Key Dimensions: Products

I'm not sure how I would set this up to accomplish what I am looking for.

Thank you,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could create two segments:

Include all visits where event44 exists, then orders exists

Exclude all visits where event44 exists, then orders exists

This would create two mutually exclusive segments, where you can then directly compare the impact they have on orders.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Matt,

On event 44 (Read Review), are you populating Product variable so that you can distinguish the products based on Read Review?

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

This is how I tried setting up the segment:

I was able to get data to populate, but I don't think it is accurate for what I am trying to accomplish of only seeing orders which occurred after a visitor read a review

1403165_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

In this case you should tweak your rule to (THEN) as well as (AFTER or WITHIN). THEN will allow you to set time interval so you could setup limits of what time duration is most common when users make a purchase.

Here is an Idea I use that may also help stream line Content, impact. You set up an event for Read review. Why not use ICID for when a review link is clicked and accessed(I assume thats how its set up). Then you can get a last touch ICID  report by products ordered with related revenue totals. The challenge is each review needs an ICID but if its pretty standarda you can quickly make tehm up I would guess. The ICID would also allow you to follow users anywhere on your website as fara as pages visited and again you could apply time durations to show time vs purchase impact.

Good Luck

Community Advisor

Dear Matt,

The reason i have asked for the Product Variable on Read Review is to understand the actual impact of the review on the product.

Lets say I have landed your site and read a review for 'Camera' and then applied for 'Laptop' without reading Laptop Review.

Your segmentation will have the above behaviour counted into the bucket, but actually it is invalid.

If you have Product Variable Captured with Read Review, create a segment with Read Review exists 'Then' Orders exits (Within Visit, or the time period you define in Whithin seletion) and go to Product Report to add both the metrics for impact.

Thank You!

Arun

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You could create two segments:

Include all visits where event44 exists, then orders exists

Exclude all visits where event44 exists, then orders exists

This would create two mutually exclusive segments, where you can then directly compare the impact they have on orders.