Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CSV export takes incomplete data

Level 1

Hello there,

I built a report and sometimes I need to export data via "Project > Download CSV". I discovered that the export will commence before the data is completely loaded, resulting in differently sized CSV files when I download them directly or if I wait a few moments.

I will admit that the report is rather heavy with several dimensions, metrics and breakdowns. However, in my opinion the export should just not work or wait until all data has been loaded.

I hope that the same does not apply to the scheduled data and that this will always be correct.

I do not need help finding a workaround or anything, just wanted to raise awareness and hope that this issue will be fixed.

Thanks and best

Freddy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good call out! Thanks for posting this warning.

As far as I know, the schedule should be fine, since it's processed server side, which means it should finish processing the data, then build the file, then send it....

I've not used this process much though... normally I use the Data Warehouse or Report Builder to pull out data.... but I do know that both of those cannot get the data in the same format as the Workspace...

I think it's a good rule of thumb to make sure that the data is fully loaded prior to exporting, and as always, confirm that the resulting file is as expected!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Good call out! Thanks for posting this warning.

As far as I know, the schedule should be fine, since it's processed server side, which means it should finish processing the data, then build the file, then send it....

I've not used this process much though... normally I use the Data Warehouse or Report Builder to pull out data.... but I do know that both of those cannot get the data in the same format as the Workspace...

I think it's a good rule of thumb to make sure that the data is fully loaded prior to exporting, and as always, confirm that the resulting file is as expected!