Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Credentials error refreshing Adobe Analytics data in Power BI

Level 1

I use the Adobe Analytics connector in Power BI to pull data into a dataflow. This all works fine, except when I schedule the data to be refreshed. I'm able to successfully setup the connection, enter our Adobe account and manually kick-off the refresh. Often times the first scheduled refresh also works. Then I start getting an error saying "Credentials not found for data source". I can re-enter the same credentials and get it working again for another week or so, and then the credentials error happens again.

Any ideas on how to prevent the Adobe credentials from going stale? Is there a setting on our Adobe account that would prevent this? Do I need to allow Power BI as a third-party app or something like that? Any help is appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey @jasonmcole, It could be that Power BI is not saving your credentials correctly, might be an issue with the application. I don't think this should be an issue until you're clearing the Power BI credential cache explicitly. Maybe you can try raising this to the Power BI community if the same is happening for any other data source credentials as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey @jasonmcole, It could be that Power BI is not saving your credentials correctly, might be an issue with the application. I don't think this should be an issue until you're clearing the Power BI credential cache explicitly. Maybe you can try raising this to the Power BI community if the same is happening for any other data source credentials as well.

Level 4

Hello @jasonmcole 

Please refer to the below URL from powerBI community for credential errors 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Scheduled-dataset-refresh-fails-randomly/m-p/2641628

Let me know this helps.

Thanks.