Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a segment with an entry page and one other variable

Level 2

Hi,

I need some advice with something that looks easy, but I got stuck. I need to create a segment that will include visits that have an Entry page containing /p/ (product page) AND VarX = "marketplace". I want to see only those visits, where the entry page was a product page of a specific type. I built a Visit segment with a Hit container inside that includes those 2 conditions. However I kept seeing product pages of the other type as well, when applying the segment.

I think that this is because Entry Page persists through the visit, and when the user goes to the next pages that might not be "marketplace" product, it still records it. 

Could you please recommend how to build this segment properly?

Thanks,

Kate

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @KaterynaOs 

Along with the above two variables, VarX and Entry Page add another dimention in the hit level segment. Add a dimension called hit depth and check if it is equal to 1. This would give you the first pageview (assuming that the pageview is the first hit when a user lands on the site). Something like below. This should work. Here's a link to hit depth documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/hit-depth.html?lang=en

abhinavbalooni_0-1701938830514.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @KaterynaOs 

The segment seems to be working as expected. Since it is the visits you are looking for, when you apply the hit container with the conditions, within a visit level segment, you do get all the pages within the visit that contained that particular hit. Plus you are correct in saying that entry page persist throughout the visit and if you are also looking at VarX and that is a visit level eVar it would persist too, I guess that is why you are getting the above results.

If there is any specific output you are looking for that is not in line with above, then do detail it out with an example and we can try out suggestions.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @KaterynaOs 

Along with the above two variables, VarX and Entry Page add another dimention in the hit level segment. Add a dimension called hit depth and check if it is equal to 1. This would give you the first pageview (assuming that the pageview is the first hit when a user lands on the site). Something like below. This should work. Here's a link to hit depth documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/hit-depth.html?lang=en

abhinavbalooni_0-1701938830514.png

Level 2

Hi @abhinavbalooni ,

It works! I think it is exactly what I was looking for. I was not aware of this dimension. 

Thanks a lot for the tip!

Kateryna

Community Advisor

@KaterynaOsGreat that it works for you too ! Do accept the response as the correct answer to help other folks who might face similar issue.

Cheers,

Abhinav