Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Creating a Dimension

Level 1

I want to create a dimension which will group my AMO paid search campaigns into Brand, nonBrand and other. I was able to create segments for each individual group by what is the best way to create a dimension?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I like to reverse associate things via SAINT. Perhaps this idea could help you.

I assume today you are capturing Campaign IDS or Campaign names as a Dimesion/evar

Using SAINT you could create a sub breakdown where you can associate Each Campaign ID by:

Brand, NonBrand, Other...Now in all reports and even in segments you can then leverage this sub association.

The cool thing is now this can be uploaded once. Then always present. Just add to it as needed for new camapigns and the really cool part in future if an error or a change you could update it to reflect new changes. These would even be retro active.

GLTU

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi 

I am correct to assume you are looking to create Custom Dimension (CD) with say a workspace. That is creating a CD from data already available rather than new implementation/new data gathering.

So assuming you have created your segment with the correct scope  (Hit vs visit) you simply choose the metric of interest typically visits or entries 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I like to reverse associate things via SAINT. Perhaps this idea could help you.

I assume today you are capturing Campaign IDS or Campaign names as a Dimesion/evar

Using SAINT you could create a sub breakdown where you can associate Each Campaign ID by:

Brand, NonBrand, Other...Now in all reports and even in segments you can then leverage this sub association.

The cool thing is now this can be uploaded once. Then always present. Just add to it as needed for new camapigns and the really cool part in future if an error or a change you could update it to reflect new changes. These would even be retro active.

GLTU