Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Create a dimension that lists what metrics/dimensions are available to use for an Event

Level 2

Create a dimension that lists what metrics/dimensions are available to use for an Event

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is this an idea, or a question?

I don't know of anything automated.. this is generally something that you would have in your documentation about how events are being used, where they are being used and what dimensions can be correlated.

You could probably use something like a list variable (Hit expiry) and code some solution to list all dimensions in use on every call...

Then you can create a table that if you add any metric at the top, and use the list var as your breakdown you can see every dimension that has ever been used with that event....

You would have to do a little JS code to determine which dimensions are in use on your calls, that shouldn't be too hard.....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is this an idea, or a question?

I don't know of anything automated.. this is generally something that you would have in your documentation about how events are being used, where they are being used and what dimensions can be correlated.

You could probably use something like a list variable (Hit expiry) and code some solution to list all dimensions in use on every call...

Then you can create a table that if you add any metric at the top, and use the list var as your breakdown you can see every dimension that has ever been used with that event....

You would have to do a little JS code to determine which dimensions are in use on your calls, that shouldn't be too hard.....

Level 2

This is the feature enhancement we are looking for in CJA. We have lot of events in our data source and looking for a dimension that lists what are the metrics/dimensions available of that event. This way it will be easy for users to use the Tool and understand the data.

Community Advisor

Oh, I see...

This should be logged as an Idea (not a question) so that it can get proper attention. You will also notice the template for posting an Idea includes:

• Description

• Why is this feature important to you

• How would you like the feature to work

• Current Behaviour

Which help give context to the ask.

I will give you an upvote to your idea (I can't seem to move this conversation from question to idea sadly)