Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Count on based on chronological order

Level 1

Hi there, so a bit of a two part question.  On our website we have various sales front journeys before you reach a standardised order journey.  We have a lot of customers that may start one sales front journey, get to order journey then go back to the start and do the same again but through a different sales front journey.  I’m trying to find a way to only count the last / most recent sales front journey that leads into the order journey.

1) is this possible?

2) I thought about building classifications based on previous pages and using the overwrite setting, but, will that just overwrite every time the classification is loaded or will the value be overwritten multiple times during a customers visit and therefor only store the most recent previous page?

TIA

Kris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear KLIK_Photograph,

We do have eVar for this purpose only. Just capture the Front Journeys (Different Journeys) in an eVar. So, if the customers move to the Order Journey, we can understand the last touch using Attribution IQ. Make sure you set an event during the start of Order Journey so that you can play around with the attributions.

However if the visitor started the Order Journey twice, the events captured would be two and thus there are two last touch Front Journeys. If you just need the final one, then you need to create a segment. The segment should use Sequential Containers based on the use case and I dont see any other methods here including classification based on my understanding to the question.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear KLIK_Photograph,

We do have eVar for this purpose only. Just capture the Front Journeys (Different Journeys) in an eVar. So, if the customers move to the Order Journey, we can understand the last touch using Attribution IQ. Make sure you set an event during the start of Order Journey so that you can play around with the attributions.

However if the visitor started the Order Journey twice, the events captured would be two and thus there are two last touch Front Journeys. If you just need the final one, then you need to create a segment. The segment should use Sequential Containers based on the use case and I dont see any other methods here including classification based on my understanding to the question.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics