Expand my Community achievements bar.

Count mismatch

Level 2

I have created a metric which is suppose to count session id on certain condition
In the attached screenshots, metric Def -- The definition of metric count, i.e. count of session id's (Excluding the one's ending with 99999)
but when i export them in csv, the payment instance count in column B, row number 13, is incorrect. As when i count the session id's individually the correct count comes out to be as mentioned in row 10.
Please help me  TIA

4 Replies

Community Advisor

From these screenshots, you are not looking for "ends with 99999", you are looking at "contains any of 99999" (or at least according to the naming convention... 

Can you confirm how the actual segment is built? Data Warehouse didn't use to support the "any of" or "all of" operators....  It now says it's compatible, but it might be buggy? 

I do agree though, it's odd that the totals in row 10 and row 13 don't match... I also find it odd that each row shows an additional .0002442201269182 (I would still expect this to be a whole number.. but that multiplied by 6650 still wouldn't be enough to make up the difference between 6650 and 6698.9

Maybe the is something happening with the order of operation on how the two segments and the calculated metric are being run?

Can I ask why you are tying to use a calculated metric on Approximate Distinct Count here?

Your Session ID, I would assume, should already be a unique value per visit? So why not just use Visits as your metric?

Perhaps there is a simpler way to achieve what you need that would result in cleaner data?

Level 2

thanks for reply, my task is to get count of unique session id's on a particular tipo pagina page, This is why i am using approximate distinct count. I tried using @visits  but thats not giving correct count either.
On ~99999 - Its working fine, as they are default session id's and i want to exclude from my count calculation and that is working fine.

Community Advisor

Have you checked through the full exported data, are there any rows that have more than "1.0002442201269182" Payment instances? How many what is the number of the last row...

Technically, row 10 should be the number of rows, row 13 is the "total" count... and since those aren't equal to 1, and I don't know the current sort order, I would assume that maybe there are items outside of what I can see that would be leading to a higher "instance count"

Level 2

Yes, I have checked and all the values are "1.0002442201269182". None of the session id's are duplicate here.