My team is running an email campaign, we have to links that are only accessible within this email, those links redirect the user to a page to book a test drive or to get a call from a dealer, what we want to know is if customers are clicking on the "send" button after they arrive to the form through the links.
I was trying to analyze this events in a workspace or a report, but I don't know if this event already exist or I need to create it in order to measure it.
This adobe analytics account use to be managed by other agency and we have no longer contact to them. I can see some metrics like "test drive" but seems those were created by the previous agency.
Sorry if this is a newbie question.
Thanks in advance.
To check if the button click is already being tracked or not, you can check the server/network calls by clicking on this button.
To check server call you can use Adobe debugger or can use chrome developer tools.
- Open this page.
- Open developer tools in Chrome.
- Go to Network section and filter it with b/ss.
- Click on the button.
- Check if there is any server call generated or not.
- If yes, please check for events. Make a note of which event is getting fired on this button click.
- Click on the same button 3-4 time and check if the same event is getting fired in every server call. If yes you can refer the same event in workspace for your analysis.
If no server call is generated on the button click, you would need to do the custom link implementation on this button click.
Another option is to use your favorite debugger (like this one) or the Network tab of your browser's developer tools to confirm whether or not that button click is being tracked. If it is, you should see variables and events on the tracking call and that will give you an idea of what to look for in the reporting interface.