Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

Capture adobe launch rule name in a prop as a global variable?

Level 1

Hi,

I need to capture adobe launch rule name in a prop as a global variable. When i used adobe analytics extension it is not working. I need to use this extension to capture that value using of adobe analytics extension. 

Is anyone having idea, how to achieve this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Hi @Lakshminaraya2682103606tr 

tried and it works fine on my end

bjoern_k_2-1715152719791.png

bjoern_k_0-1715152576765.png

Can you check in the "Publish Flow" whether your library contains the new "rule_name" data element you created?
Maybe it's missing there.

bjoern_k_1-1715152621211.png

Cheers
Björn

Hi @bjoern_k ,

As I see in your screens, you have set up in the Rule. Its working for me as well.

But I am looking for a solution to set it in the Analytics extension. So that I will not disturb existing Rule setup which is 200+ Rules.

Thanks,

M Lakshmi Narayana.

Hi @Lakshminaraya2682103606tr 

I think this might be hard to implement. In your screenshot, you are showing the global configuration of the AppMeasurement library, which is - at least what I can tell - not able to access any rule-related functionality. I tried adding a "s.doPlugins", reading out the rule name Data Element I created which is resulting in an error.

bjoern_k_0-1715165342000.png

The code surely should not throw an error but rather gracefully let you know that it is not able to execute.

Curious if anyone else has a better approach.

Side note, maybe worthwhile rethinking why you need 200+ rules in the first place, but that is not me to judge  

Cheers
Björn