Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Copy Stage Report Suite Data to Prod

Level 1

We had a tracking issue where the development embed script was mistakenly added to a particular section of our production site, so all the data exists in the stage report suite. I just need to backfill basic page view data with a few eVars (not looking to get time on page caught up, for example).

I need to copy it to production report suite, but not sure the best way to do this. I don't think data insertion API is right since we do not have timestamps enabled (or optional) in this RS, but I've never use data insertion.

Further, I'm thinking 'Full processing' via data sources API isn't appropriate as:
"Full processing data sources data is processed using separate visitor profiles, so even if the visitor ID in uploaded data matches data collected using JavaScript or other AppMeasurement library, the visitor profiles are not connected from an eVar allocation perspective"

Has anyone had to backfill prod data from a staging report suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You may want to engage the Engineering Services via your Account Rep / CSM. The team will move your data as needed but it would be a paid engagement.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 4

I think you need to talk to your Adobe rep.  This is something they bmay be able to do in the backend.  I don't think it's possible to do yourself.

Correct answer by
Employee

You may want to engage the Engineering Services via your Account Rep / CSM. The team will move your data as needed but it would be a paid engagement.