Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Copy of project

Level 1

I have a workspace project set up the way I like for 2021. When I make a copy of it and update the date ranges, it update the dates on the original project.  I don't want the two projects linked.  Help?? How can I duplicate the first project (almost as a template) and then use the duplicated version without impacting the data in the original project??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, yes... The use of custom date ranges (which are shared) is the reason... Like segments and calculated metrics... These are assets and will be shared.

Sadly, this will mean if you want unique date columns as shown, you will need to make new ranges and drag to replace these ones....

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hello.

Making a copy of a workspace project and then using the date range feature in the top right corner of the project shouldn't have any impact on the original project time period.  Workspace projects are independent from each other.

Are you update a time based segment by chance (a purple tile or a blue tile referencing a time window)?  Using the same segments or time segments across workspace project WILL impact both projects.  The only way to separate them would be to make a copy of the time based segment with a different name.

Not sure that helped, but i'm not sure how it's possible for a date range in one project could impact the date range in other project, again unless there is something else linking the two projects together.

Level 1

Thank you so much for the quick response!  I am using the purple tile option so I am guessing it is the same segment or time segement? are there any tutorials on how to do what you are suggesting?  (making a copy of the time based segment with a different name)?  This is a snap shot of my project...

newbie22_0-1666041353260.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ok, yes... The use of custom date ranges (which are shared) is the reason... Like segments and calculated metrics... These are assets and will be shared.

Sadly, this will mean if you want unique date columns as shown, you will need to make new ranges and drag to replace these ones....

Community Advisor

If the purple date ranges are relative to the current date range, then you can consider updating those purple date ranges to make use of rolling dates (which are really powerful, once you figure out the maths).

Remember, though, that those purple date ranges would then roll according to the current date, not the dates in your dashboard's date range.