Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculated Bounce Rate metric

Level 1

Hello,

Please can someone advise how to/ if we can create a Bounce Rate metric based on time spent on a page? I am unable to use the Time spent on Page dimension as this needs a minimum of two hits to be calculated.

Assume there is a content page as part of a campaign that does not require the user to perform any action, with the default set up we see a high Bounce Rate but the time spent is also high which technically means we have achieved the intended goal, i.e., for people to read the content on the page. So, would it be possible to only calculate Bounce Rate for example "less than 15 seconds" spent on the page itself?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Best Regards,

Sharanya

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since as you said, the time spent metric relies on having another hit to calculate the time.... meaning I don't know if this would be doable with the default tracking... that said, however... you might be able to create a custom action that is triggered after 15 seconds.

You might want to reach out to your development team; but in theory, you could create a set timeout on the site when users enter the page under a specific criteria... then after 15 seconds trigger a custom event that you could create a tracking rule for in launch.

Launch could listen for that custom event and trigger an s.tl() call saying that the users got to 15 seconds... you could then create a segment for for users that did NOT get that tracking call to use in your "less than 15 seconds" bounce calculation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since as you said, the time spent metric relies on having another hit to calculate the time.... meaning I don't know if this would be doable with the default tracking... that said, however... you might be able to create a custom action that is triggered after 15 seconds.

You might want to reach out to your development team; but in theory, you could create a set timeout on the site when users enter the page under a specific criteria... then after 15 seconds trigger a custom event that you could create a tracking rule for in launch.

Launch could listen for that custom event and trigger an s.tl() call saying that the users got to 15 seconds... you could then create a segment for for users that did NOT get that tracking call to use in your "less than 15 seconds" bounce calculation.