Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Context Variable

Level 6

I noticed that context variable is sent within image call. I am wondering could I access context variable within adobe analytics or workspace? Could I use context variable to create Segment / Calculated metrics / generate report?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Cathy,

Context Variables are not sent to Adobe Analytics directly without Processing Rules Setup.

Context Data Value has to be copied to Adobe Analytics Page Variables with the help of Processing Rules to utilize in Adobe Analytics or Workspace.

Even Data Feed will not have these variables listed out since it is after Processing Rules.

Context Data Values that are not read by processing rules when a hit is processed are discarded.

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Cathy,

Context Variables are not sent to Adobe Analytics directly without Processing Rules Setup.

Context Data Value has to be copied to Adobe Analytics Page Variables with the help of Processing Rules to utilize in Adobe Analytics or Workspace.

Even Data Feed will not have these variables listed out since it is after Processing Rules.

Context Data Values that are not read by processing rules when a hit is processed are discarded.

Thank You!

Arun