Expand my Community achievements bar.

Context data in data feed

Employee

Can we get context data information in Analytics data feeds?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

From my understanding, you cannot get context data directly in a raw data feed. Context data must be mapped to a specific dimension via processing or vista rules, then the data captured in those dimensions can be exported via the data feed.

The way the Data Feed management is created, it only allows you to choose specific fields to include in your data field.. so individual context variables cannot be accommodated by this... and I've never seen anything like an "all context data" as an option when building out new feeds....

Is there a reason why you would have a context variable that you need in the raw data that isn't already covered by a standard dimension? I am asking in case I can help think of potential alternates to your use case.

Level 1

Yes, context data information can be included in Analytics data feeds. This allows you to gather detailed insights about user interactions and their context, enhancing your data analysis capabilities using web applications using React JS.

Community Advisor

No one is debating the importance of using context data... but it is not available directly for export within the Adobe "Data Feeds"... unless they are really talking XDM Streams, which is a completely separate thing....