Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Clickstream data feed into database

Level 1

I am working to bring in our Clickstream data into a local database for deeper analysis correlated with internal data.  Is there a recommended combination of columns to be used as a primary key?  I assume it would be post_visid_high, post_visid_low and one of the time based columns like post_t_time_info.  Or, would date_time be better than post_t_time in this case?  I can't tell what the difference is other than "post_" suggests it would be subject to post processing rules.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

The key depends of what you have in the other dataser to match it with. You may have a login ID or similar, that are used across platforms?

The visid-fields are the old-school visitor ID's, use the experience cloud ID instead in case you need the visitor ID.

/Løjmann

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

The key depends of what you have in the other dataser to match it with. You may have a login ID or similar, that are used across platforms?

The visid-fields are the old-school visitor ID's, use the experience cloud ID instead in case you need the visitor ID.

/Løjmann

Level 1

Well, my goal is to find a primary key for the hit data.  I need to be able to identify each row uniquely.  Just a user id won't be enough.  Matching to do a join to my other datasets won't be a problem.  But, I need a PK in the table for optimization.

Level 5

Got you! I would build a PK out of hitid_high and hitid_low...

/Løjmann