Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

clicks on page

Level 1

I am looking to find out the number (percent) of people who click on each section of a page for a given time period. For example, on our homepage I'd like to know how many people clicked on the promo, video, brands, product lines, brands, etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

There is a limited way to do this in SiteCatalyst.  You'd have to have an internal tracking code associated with each of the key elements/areas you want to see and set an impressions success event and pass them items/areas to a List Var (Page View expiration).  Then when the visitor clicks on one of the items, you would set a second success event and the same List Var.  then you can use the List Var and the two success events and a Calculated metric to see Impressions, Clicks and a CTR % by item/area.

Adam Greco

Senior Partner, Web Analytics Demsytified

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

There is a limited way to do this in SiteCatalyst.  You'd have to have an internal tracking code associated with each of the key elements/areas you want to see and set an impressions success event and pass them items/areas to a List Var (Page View expiration).  Then when the visitor clicks on one of the items, you would set a second success event and the same List Var.  then you can use the List Var and the two success events and a Calculated metric to see Impressions, Clicks and a CTR % by item/area.

Adam Greco

Senior Partner, Web Analytics Demsytified