Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Click Map Data Not Being Captured

Level 2

Click Map Data Not Being Captured

How come the Click Map data does not get captured when I use the s.t() function in the link’s onclick section to capture a specific data?

Thanks

Seung

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hi Seung,

Personally, I am NOT fond of using the Click-Map and the only reason is that I experienced that the data given is not accurate enough due to various limitations of the tool. Also, there has not been much upgrades in the product to keep it at par with the fast moving technology cool

Now, coming to your question, Here is what you need to do the see the Data Flowing Like Charm in the Click Map reports

1. "s.trackInlineStats" must be set to 'true' within your core JavaScript file (s_code.js) 

Example: s.trackInlineStats=true;  

enlightened I observed in the past that ClickMap plugin doesn't support Safari. It is only my personal observation and I might not be 100% correct

2. Hope you are working on a <a> tag and setting s_objectID as given below: 

<a href=http://www.allaboutwebanalytics.com onclick=s_objectID='harsh1234';>Some Site Link</a>

enlightenedThis code snippet allows the link to be reliably identified, and ensure the improved accuracy of reporting.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi

Please use s_objectID for links

e.g

<a href="link.html" onclick="s_objectID='link 1'">Link Text</a>

Regards

Devinder

Level 5

Hi,

Please let us know if you are still facing issue.

Regards

Devinder

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hi Seung,

Personally, I am NOT fond of using the Click-Map and the only reason is that I experienced that the data given is not accurate enough due to various limitations of the tool. Also, there has not been much upgrades in the product to keep it at par with the fast moving technology cool

Now, coming to your question, Here is what you need to do the see the Data Flowing Like Charm in the Click Map reports

1. "s.trackInlineStats" must be set to 'true' within your core JavaScript file (s_code.js) 

Example: s.trackInlineStats=true;  

enlightened I observed in the past that ClickMap plugin doesn't support Safari. It is only my personal observation and I might not be 100% correct

2. Hope you are working on a <a> tag and setting s_objectID as given below: 

<a href=http://www.allaboutwebanalytics.com onclick=s_objectID='harsh1234';>Some Site Link</a>

enlightenedThis code snippet allows the link to be reliably identified, and ensure the improved accuracy of reporting.

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting

Employee Advisor

Hi Seung,

There is an entire KB article written on this topic, which covers many of the same points Harsh Kabra points out. I'd recommend giving it a read:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/no-data-clickmap-overlay.html

Level 2

I used the s_objectID but I don't see it in the debugger or in the Click Map report.