Expand my Community achievements bar.

Click Feed data not shown

Level 3

Hello, 
I have a question- 
I can see the data for Activity Map in Adobe call/UI but not in click data feed. 
Please help me understand if this is a setup issue or where exactly the issue lies 
I am looking for 

gmadala_0-1714575373558.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, Activity Map data is considered "Context Data" and not included in Click Stream.

The solution I did was to set up three custom dimensions (one for each Activity Map value), and use Processing Rules to copy the values into those dimensions:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1714585258010.png

I use eVars set to Hit expiry, just to ensure I am not limited to 100 characters in my props, but can hold up to 255 characters if needed.

These will then be included in your click stream data along with your other dimensions.

Community Advisor

Oops I forgot to add, if you need the "Activity Map Link by Region", you can set up a forth dimension and concatenate the values:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1714585639546.png

Level 3

Interesting. 
I thought the post_clickmapregion. The post_column would have the data. I just made changes to my data feed to include these. 
Dint know that activity map data wasnt available in clickstream data. 

Community Advisor

Honestly, I had the same issue a few years ago, and was told by support that it's context data and not included... 

I also see that "Click Map" items are showing "Activity Map" in the Data Column Reference documentation, I believe this is in error and I will reach out to my Adobe contact, as "click map" is a retired feature, one that was replaced with Activity Map..  It used to say "deprecated feature", and I've not seen any indication that these fields were actually remapped to pass Activity Map data.

I understand your confusion on this....

Level 3

Update- 
I did a sample data feed test. 
And looks like I do have the activity map data in the post_columns 

So I guess it works. 
But you solution should also work. 

Thanks