Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Click discrepancy.

Level 1

Hi All.

I am relatively new to Adobe analytics, having always used GA. I have run numerous campaigns across various channels from Google ads to programmatic display and i consistently huge discrepancy in click data, all activity has been tagged correctly so i am at a loss as to what would cause this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is always discrepancy, and there are plenty of causing factors. Some of them are as follows:

• click fraud
  • ad blockers (block tag managers and analytics beacons)
  • slow server response/ slow internet connection on visitor's side (click happened, but browser window got closed earlier than the page was loaded)
  • server-side redirects that cut off the query string with tracking parameters
  • analytics code failure

What is the average discrepancy you observe?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is always discrepancy, and there are plenty of causing factors. Some of them are as follows:

• click fraud
  • ad blockers (block tag managers and analytics beacons)
  • slow server response/ slow internet connection on visitor's side (click happened, but browser window got closed earlier than the page was loaded)
  • server-side redirects that cut off the query string with tracking parameters
  • analytics code failure

What is the average discrepancy you observe?

Level 1

thank you for your response, usually its around 50% lower than what the search engines are reporting.

Level 10

Does this ratio persist across ad platforms and GEOs?

Community Advisor

Just curious how have you connected the click data into Adobe Analytics?

I also feel alot of what you see is click fraud/bot type traffic. I often like to check referral traffic to align my ratio of error. The idea is that even if click data is unaligned then actual human based web traffic if still viewable.

regards

Level 1

Hi,

Yes it, whether its Facebook or Google there is a significant discrepancy. At first i thought that maybe the traffic it was being attributed to organic, but this wasn't the case.

Level 1

HI,

Thankyou for your response, so we have just used utm strings.