Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Classification Builder doesn't show data in project - Adobe Analytics

Level 2

Hello, I am trying to display part of a regular expression in a project. The problem is that from the tests the classification rule is correct but once in the project it does not return me the value. It seems that you know a display problem in Adobe reports.
I have tried following the following guide but it still does not work: https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/classificationissue.html

Can anyone help me, thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you share a sample of a value you are running the regex on, and the regex you are using?

You can even fake the sample, just so long as it matches the format of the data....

We really can't help you with a regex we can't see or test

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you share a sample of a value you are running the regex on, and the regex you are using?

You can even fake the sample, just so long as it matches the format of the data....

We really can't help you with a regex we can't see or test

Level 2

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your response. I have attached some screenshots of the regex and the test performed where it seems to work (img 1). In the dashboard, however, the "Youtube video" column, which links to the regex, does not return me any data (img 2).

Level 2

I attach here IMG3 which shows you how the dimension was built (sorry but I could not attach more than two img to the previous post)

Community Advisor

Thanks, but these screenshots show me one sample key: "youtube_***_link_video"

And that it's processing one specific value during the test.... 

But what is the actual regex rule(s) that you coded? What are some of the actual values collected in your data?

If your regex is too strict to accommodate the real data you are collecting, that could explain why it's not working... maybe there is extra white space at the front or end of the real data, and you may have a start of string (^) and end of string ($) logic built into your regex rules... 

First, start with a simple table... I assume prop29 given your screenshot.... just use that dimension as your breakdown... then start breaking down each item to your classifications (I would do one table for each classification): Piattaforma, Nome Profilo, Format Type, Link Position (at this time, it still probably won't show anything... but you will be able to see essentially the prop29 value against each of your classifications for debugging purposes).

Try also copying 10-20 real values from your prop29 and using in the Tester... that's the nice thing about this area, you can test an entire list of values and see the outcome.

Community Advisor
  1. How long has it been between when you updated your Classification Rules to when you ran your report? It takes some time for AA to update the classified values after you've activated your Rules.
  2. What was the window period when you saved your Rules? If it was for 1 month, but you're running a report that's older than 1 month, then you won't see the classified values.

Level 2

Hi Yuhuisg, thank you for the reply!

1 it has been more than 4 days since the activation of the classification rule so I guess it must already be available
2 unfortunately I am requesting the data for the last few days so it should be in real time or close to real time, anyway referring to the last week