Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Workspace drop-down filters (do the values update automatically?)

Level 2

I created several drop-down filters in Adobe Workspace Free Form table.  The fields I used are frequently updated with new values.  Will those drop-down filters automatically update/populate with the new values as they are added?

For example, I created a drop-down filter on June 6th for External Campaign Names, then new External Campaign Names were created on June 8th. Will the June 8th new values automatically populate into the drop-down filter I created on June 6.  To clarify, I dropped the field name as my filter, which brought in all the values automatically on June 6th, so I'm hoping that will continue to automatically update with any new values.  

If they do automatically update,how long does the update take (real-time, same-day, next-day)? 

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This auto-fill dropdown is a very new feature... only released in the last month or so?

I haven't had much time to play with it, but my understanding is that it should be loading the data when you make a change to another "connected" dropdown.. but that might populate from pre-loaded data to ensure that the server doesn't get bogged down...  However, if you use the "Refresh" project feature or refresh the whole page, it should get the new data:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1688060958142.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This auto-fill dropdown is a very new feature... only released in the last month or so?

I haven't had much time to play with it, but my understanding is that it should be loading the data when you make a change to another "connected" dropdown.. but that might populate from pre-loaded data to ensure that the server doesn't get bogged down...  However, if you use the "Refresh" project feature or refresh the whole page, it should get the new data:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1688060958142.png

Level 2

Thanks - I'm glad to hear I can refresh and populate with any new values.  Next question: How long does it take for any new values added to populate the fields in Adobe Analytics (is it real-time or is there a wait-time?)

For example, if a new campaign was added to the Campaign field on June 8th at 10am, would it populate right away (I just refresh the project) or is there a set time period before it shows up?

Community Advisor

Data processing takes a little time to complete.. general rule of thumb (unless there is an ongoing issue causing latency) is to see data about 1.5 hours after collection starts.