Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Chrome 37 trend

Level 2

Hi, We use SiteCatalyst for reporting and Tealium as the tag management system.

Recently Google Chrome 37 was released. We see a general uptick in bounce rate, visits, orders, revenue in Chrome 37 as compared to Chrome 36 in SiteCatalyst.
It is as if all metrics (negative or positive) are reported in greater numbers. This trend coincides neatly with the Chrome 37 release.

It is as if either we just get more traffic due to chrome 37 or something about chrome 37 is causing our tag management javascripts to report more traffic (loads the async js better?)

Any thoughts about why this is happening?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Assuming user must have updated their browsers which lead traffic to the new browser.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

As Chrome auto updates for users I have often observed there is fast next stable release adoption across users. I would trend over the recent period the Chrome Browser OS overall in aggregate and then also by the latest specific versions of Chrome (37, 26, etc). That will then tell you if Chrome 37 is proportional to prior site trend and taking share away from old versions OR if there it truly some spike with the 37 version. You could also debug different latest versions on the same system to see if there are issues with the tracking as a check to make sure everything is being set correctly in the Adobe Analytics code and with the right speed.

Best,

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Assuming user must have updated their browsers which lead traffic to the new browser.

Regards

Devinder

Level 2

Hi Brian,

I did breakdown by specific browser/OS versions. There is definitely a big uptick in bounce rate as well as orders (and other metrics) in Chrome 37 compared to other browser/version combinations. For example IE 11, which is another browser with a large usage on our site, does not show any rise all through. It is as if Chrome 37 implemented something, which causes a rise in most metrics across the board. This is not bad news in itself, only concerned about why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Sriram

Employee

Hi Sriram,

No substitute for testing with a debugging tool on your live site in these types of cases to see if anything is off or different. I haven't been made aware of any specific issues with Chrome 37 on sites with analytics.

Best,

Brian