Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can you use processing rules to classify data you upload into SiteCat at at user level?

Level 1

I am implementing SiteCat on a client's community site (Jive is the platform) and they are interested in assigning a UUID to a customer once they authenticate. However, the client also wants to classify what type of customer or employee the user is. There is no action the user would take on the site to denote that, so I was proposing creating a UUID that can be parsed out and uploaded into SiteCat.

For example - UUID CA1234 would denote C is for customer, A is for type A and 1234 recognizes that unique user. Given that the UUIDs need to be uploaded into SiteCat and then will be assigned based on the authentication, I wanted to see if processing rules can parse out the UUID so I can set a eVar to denote customer vs employee and then also for the customer type - given it is not data collected server side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I will advise you to send you value in an eVar and use rule builder to classifify it using regex. A specific syntax might be helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I will advise you to send you value in an eVar and use rule builder to classifify it using regex. A specific syntax might be helpful.