Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Data Warehouse reports using Success Events Participation

Level 4

Hi all!

We use participation metrics to evaluate a page, or groups/types of pages, and whether they are contributing to conversions, like 'request pricing', 'document downloads', etc.

When we run reports in the GUI, you will always get, at the bottom of the report, tons of other page with zero visits and zero page views, but will have values for one or more of the participate metrics..I assume....the eVar holding the page name is set to expire on the visit, so I am not sure what is happening, but that is easy to filter out.

BUT, when we run page reports in Data Warehouse, we have two issues:

1. If we have more than 2-3 participate metrics, the number of lines in the report MASSIVELY balloons...so a site with approx. 50,000 total pages including parts calalogs etc. winds up exporting files that have over 10 million lines...which is kinda difficult to handle   :-[   And, it will only sort ascending, so I can't limit the # of lines in the report...

We've tried various segments with logic like 'pageviews exist' etc., all to no avail. Any ideas?

2. Also, in Data Warehouse, the Participation metrics column headings don't pick up the name of the metric, but only "Custom Event 10 Participation" which also makes things a pain. This might be a bug that I will just enter a ticket for.

Any ideas or suggestions or good wishes are appreciated!

Eugene

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you post a screenshot of the R&A and DW request header rows and blur out any actuals?

1)Part of your R&A/DW request logic is not quite clear because participation metrics are typically leveraged against traffic variables such as the standard Site Content Pages, Site Section reports, but you mention an 'eVar holding the page name'? Is there a reason why you aren't using participation metrics against the standard Site Content pages report to evaluate your site content?

2)DW should pull in the same friendly name as show in the interface and Report Preview screen. Are you seeing that it changes the column header with the actual output or it always is labeled by a generic name even in the DW UI? If you are seeing anything switch or unexpected I would raise that issue with Adobe Customer Care via your supported user within your company.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Can you post a screenshot of the R&A and DW request header rows and blur out any actuals?

1)Part of your R&A/DW request logic is not quite clear because participation metrics are typically leveraged against traffic variables such as the standard Site Content Pages, Site Section reports, but you mention an 'eVar holding the page name'? Is there a reason why you aren't using participation metrics against the standard Site Content pages report to evaluate your site content?

2)DW should pull in the same friendly name as show in the interface and Report Preview screen. Are you seeing that it changes the column header with the actual output or it always is labeled by a generic name even in the DW UI? If you are seeing anything switch or unexpected I would raise that issue with Adobe Customer Care via your supported user within your company.

Best,

Brian