Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we schedule(daily) a report request with DataWareHouse API's ?

Level 1
After going through API documentation for Data Warehouse api. here: https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/data-warehouse-api/methods/c_data_w... Can see that we can create only one-time report request. Is there any way to schedule it?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The schedule would need to be created in your own system. We have/had (not sure if it's still running) a scheduled job with the APIs that ran every hour or two.... The thing is, yes, the API makes new requests each time. From what I remember, your code will need to do the following:

1. Make the request
  2. Store the returned request id
  3. Check back for that request id to be processed (may need to check multiple times until its ready)
  4. Retrieve the data from the request id

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The schedule would need to be created in your own system. We have/had (not sure if it's still running) a scheduled job with the APIs that ran every hour or two.... The thing is, yes, the API makes new requests each time. From what I remember, your code will need to do the following:

1. Make the request
  2. Store the returned request id
  3. Check back for that request id to be processed (may need to check multiple times until its ready)
  4. Retrieve the data from the request id