Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can we bucket visit number based on values?

Level 1

Hello,

I would like to bucket visit numbers using Max function.Is value bucketing feature available in adobe analytics?

Like visit number 1-3 should be under 1-3 and 4,5,6 should be '3-6' and then '>6'

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The problem here is that "Visit Number" is an all time metric... so users who have been visiting you site for years will have very high visit number counts.

While you can bucket these, I don't think you are going to get the results you are expecting.

If you are trying to get visits in a set period (like last month, or last 30 full days, etc)

You could create segments like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1666964617789.png

Basically locking a set time frame into the segment, and bounding the Visits using greater than or equal to and less than or equal to (Visitor Level Segment)

You can see that if you create segments for 1-3, 4-6 and greater than 6, your visitors don't overlap:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1666964966224.png

As @Pablo_Childe suggested, you could also look at Return Frequency, but users will appear in multiple buckets... if they come to the site on Oct 1, 1 (second visit), 2, 12, 31 - they will be in the "less than a day", "1 to 3 days", "7 to 14 days" AND "14 days to 1 month" buckets.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure if it align with your business needs but have you looked at return frequency report?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The problem here is that "Visit Number" is an all time metric... so users who have been visiting you site for years will have very high visit number counts.

While you can bucket these, I don't think you are going to get the results you are expecting.

If you are trying to get visits in a set period (like last month, or last 30 full days, etc)

You could create segments like so:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1666964617789.png

Basically locking a set time frame into the segment, and bounding the Visits using greater than or equal to and less than or equal to (Visitor Level Segment)

You can see that if you create segments for 1-3, 4-6 and greater than 6, your visitors don't overlap:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1666964966224.png

As @Pablo_Childe suggested, you could also look at Return Frequency, but users will appear in multiple buckets... if they come to the site on Oct 1, 1 (second visit), 2, 12, 31 - they will be in the "less than a day", "1 to 3 days", "7 to 14 days" AND "14 days to 1 month" buckets.