Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Can someone explain this assets.adobedtm.com call?

Level 1

Hi

We are developing a mobile app for a client, and our client has provided us with a tracking plugin to integrate in our app.  The tracking plugin utilises Adobe Analytics under the hood.

The client has performed some kind of analysis on the app and determined that there are calls to 2 urls from the app:

* https://dpm.demdex.net

* https://assets.adobedtm.com

I'm not sure what kind of analysis they did, static or runtime or otherwise.

The client is happy with the first call as being part of the Adobe Analytics system, but believes the second call (assets.adobedtm.com) should not be there and would like us to "remove it".

The clients believes it should not be there because another project from us, using the same tracking plugin, does not show that call in their analysis result.

Is that second call something inherent to Adobe Analytics?

Can I remove it?

Thanks.

Colin

desktop_exl_promo_600x100_gdrp.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi colinamuzo​,

The first call to "dpm.demdex.net" is call for the Marketing Cloud ID Service implementation or Audience Manager integration.

The second call to "assets.adobedtm.com" is either for the DTM implementation (in case of JavaScript implementation on app) or Messaging configurations picked up from Mobile Services.

The check needed here is whether the app has analytics implemented through Mobile Services UI configuration. If so, the call to "assets.adobedtm.com" for fetching messages (In-App or Push) configuration is quite expected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi colinamuzo​,

The first call to "dpm.demdex.net" is call for the Marketing Cloud ID Service implementation or Audience Manager integration.

The second call to "assets.adobedtm.com" is either for the DTM implementation (in case of JavaScript implementation on app) or Messaging configurations picked up from Mobile Services.

The check needed here is whether the app has analytics implemented through Mobile Services UI configuration. If so, the call to "assets.adobedtm.com" for fetching messages (In-App or Push) configuration is quite expected.

Level 1

Thanks so much.  I'll get back to our client with that info.

Level 1

Just to clarify, am I correct in saying the following:

1. Adobe Analytics uses another Adobe sub-system (probably "Mobile Services UI" in our case).
  2. This sub-system provides more functionality than what is required by Adobe Analytics (eg messaging)
  3. As part of providing the extra functionality, the sub-system calls to "assets.adobedtm.com".

Employee

Hi colinamuzo​,

That seems to be the case and mostly "assets.adobedtm.com" in case of mobile apps is from Mobile Services UI. However, without validating the actual app and calls, I might not be able to confirm exact scenario.

Level 1

What about the domain assests.adobetm.com,(please note the typo in the subdomain) is it associated with adobe's products in any way? I've seen endpoints connect to this domain but I don't see it in any Adobe documentation.