Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can other users edit and save on my Dashboard?

Level 2

Hello,

I've created a Dashboard but i want other users to be able to edit and save on the same dashboard (and not "save as").

How can i do this?

thanks in advance,

Filipa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

No users cannot edit or save on the master dashboard version outside of the owner profile. The closest option would be for those users to copy your original dashboard and then make custom edits from their profiles, but this does not preserve one master version.

Best,

Brian

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/user/t_dashboard_copy.html

OptionDescription
View ArchiveLets you view the report archive for the shared dashboard, if an archive exists.
Dashboard PlayerDisplays the dashboard.
Copy Me Adds a copy to your list of dashboards, using the same name as the original. However, you cannot see any updates/changes made by the dashboard's owner. Copying a legacy dashboard opens a blank dashboard, in which you can add legacy content.
Important: If shared users of your dashboard cannot see changes you made in the dashboard, check your Dashboard Manager to see if the users have chosen the Copy Me option. If they did, they cannot see the updates/changes made by you. To see all the changes/updates, shared users need to select the On Menu option in the Dashboard Manager.
On MenuLets you see changes/updates made by the dashboard owner.
UnshareRemoves the dashboard from your list of shared dashboards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

No users cannot edit or save on the master dashboard version outside of the owner profile. The closest option would be for those users to copy your original dashboard and then make custom edits from their profiles, but this does not preserve one master version.

Best,

Brian

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/user/t_dashboard_copy.html

OptionDescription
View ArchiveLets you view the report archive for the shared dashboard, if an archive exists.
Dashboard PlayerDisplays the dashboard.
Copy Me Adds a copy to your list of dashboards, using the same name as the original. However, you cannot see any updates/changes made by the dashboard's owner. Copying a legacy dashboard opens a blank dashboard, in which you can add legacy content.
Important: If shared users of your dashboard cannot see changes you made in the dashboard, check your Dashboard Manager to see if the users have chosen the Copy Me option. If they did, they cannot see the updates/changes made by you. To see all the changes/updates, shared users need to select the On Menu option in the Dashboard Manager.
On MenuLets you see changes/updates made by the dashboard owner.
UnshareRemoves the dashboard from your list of shared dashboards.